Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

REDRUM! REDRUM!!

This weekend continued my horro movie countdown with some more classic films.  The Shining probably is one of the most iconic films (and not just in horror) to grace the screen, and is probably one of Jack Nicholson's most famous roles.

Set in the mountains of Colorado, The Shining details the descent of Jack into madness as he attempts to kill his family.  Whether this is brought on by supernatural forces or the stress of the cabin feaver he is thrust into is part of the charm of the film. What's real? Is that a ghost? Or, is it his own manifestations?

It was quite a treat to revisit this classic, and even more fun to look up people's interpretations afterwards! I still need to read the book however, especially since Stephen King said this was one of the only film adaptations of his book that he doesn't like. If that's the case, the book must be quite the doozy!

35 comments:

  1. Classic. I've been to the hotel that they used for the exteriors in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shining is one of the best horror films around, and I can attest to the book being even crazier. Though I still attest that IT is the creepiest book he's written. Little kid orgies FTN (for the nightmare)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a classic movie. I think I may watch it again tonight. Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin!

    I don't think this movie has held the test of time. I think about watching this again, and then I think, even for a Kubrick, I can't sit through that pacing again.

    If you haven't seen it, you might not find it all that interesting, unless you are a Jack fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing those twins for the first time and freaking out lmao

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome movie. Creepy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good classic movie, nicholson was good in one flew over the cuckoos nest too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best horror movie ever, amazing flick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i nver actually saw the shinning but the trailer looks good

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive tried to watch the shining before and I just couldn't get through it... sooo boring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, this is such a classic. Great suspense

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched that movie when I was 10 and it scared the sweet mary pilgrim statues out of me for years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. See where she comes, apparelld like the spring. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The scene where Wendy is telling Jack that she thinks "maybe they should leave" and he totally mocks her and threatens her before she knocks him down the stairs with a baseball bat holds the record for most takes ... 230 takes or something like that.

    And the chick who played Wendy said that Kubrick treated her like shit throughout the shoot, so her emotional degeneration in the movie was also experienced as an actress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a classic. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could never be her mild companion. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awsome post!

    anyways, cool blog, i'll follow!

    ReplyDelete