Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

October Horror Collection

So the other night, my girlfriend and I came up with a list of Horror, or Horror related films that we want to try and get through before the end of the month.  Many of these we have seen before or heard about. By no means is this a comprehensive list or "best of" list; just films we could come off the top of our head with and wrote on a napkin. I will detail some of the good ones in later posts.

So, if you could suggest a horror related film to watch, what would you recommend?

Already viewed this Month: 
  • Devil
  • Colin
  • The Terror
The Watch List
  • Halloween - The series
  • Texas Chainsaw - The original
  • Night of the Living Dead - Revisions '68, '86, '97, and '04
  • Poltergeist
  • Paranormal Activity - And PA2 coming later this month!!
  • The Fourth Kind - Our attempt at a scary Alien flick
  • The Exorcist
  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Signs - Okay, okay so shoot me.
  • The Blair Witch Project
  • Mothman Prophecies - Is this supposed to be scary? I dunno.
  • The Shining - Heeeeeerrrrrrreeeeee'sssss Johnny!
  • The Oprhan - Another recommender from a friend.
  • Silence of the Lambs - I don't know if this counts as Horror, but whateves.
  • House of 1000 Corpses
  • The Devil's Rejects
  • The Strangers
  • From Dusk Till Dawn - Cheech is the man.
  • Evil Dead - Evil Dead 1, 2, and Army of Darkness!
  • REC - The Spanish version
  • Dawn of the Dead - and subsequent Romero takes.
  • Shutter Island
  •  Sean of the Dead
 What else do we need to add?

23 comments:

  1. house on haunted hill
    Saw (the series)
    hostel
    wrong turn
    I am sure I can come up with more if I look at my movie collection, but I am not at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. The human centipede. The actual film is terrible but the premise is disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  3. man this list reminded me that modern horror movies are GARBAGE. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, gotta watch some of these still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep me in your favorites list, although I do not see any end
    afraid all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nightmare on Elm street is always a favorite of mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. my personal favorite.... hocus pocus lolol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the horror films now are garbage compared to these classics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. scariest movie i ever saw was "visit to the colonoscopist: 23 feet of terror"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watched the devil's reject back then,it wasn't that good..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen a few.. never got big into horror flicks, maybe this will help :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the list, marathon time nao

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say watch Arachnophobia. One of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post!

    looking forward to reading the next one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, you're gonna watch the horrid 30th anniversary edition of NOTLD, but not the pretty decent '89 remake?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good list. Keep an eye on my blog for some more great horror suggestions.

    ReplyDelete