Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sunsets


Sunsets have always been something that has fascinated me. Growing up in the southwest, the landscape provides for some vivid examples of nature's beauty. Its something that I have noticed and missed since going to school back east. I blame it mostly on the tall trees and hills that eliminate any distant horizon. This equals less light, and the inability to observe the sun as it slips past our sight.

I remember as a kid just playing playing playing till the sun started to set. Then I would stop what I was doing, and just watch the colors light up the sky and shed a glow on the mesas around me. I think sunsets are one of nature's most marvelous natural phenomena. Like snowflakes, no two are ever the same. I think Forrest Gump describes sunsets best by saying: "I couldn't tell where Heaven stopped, and the Earth began..."

No comments:

Post a Comment