Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dubya

Although I, much like a majority of the world, will be rejoicing when George W. Bush is out of office, a small sliver of me is going to miss the bastard. More specifically, the comic relief and endless material he has provided comics over the past eight years. Some of my favorite entries include: Will Ferrell's hilarious and unmistakeable impressions on SNL, the memoirs of "bushisms", Dave Chappelle's "Black Bush", and Mike Luckovich's editorial cartoons.
I absolutetly love editorial cartoons, and cartoons in general. If I could draw decently, and were half as witty as some of these cartoonists, I'd seriously consider editorial cartooning as a career. But alas, I am limited to the doodles on my notebook. One of my favorite cartoonists has to be Mike Luckovich. Mainly, due to the content of his humor, but partly because of his depiction of Bush. If you search around other political cartoons, you'll find lots of different caricatures of the President. In particular, I enjoy Mike Luckovich's depiction of Bush and how he has whittled down his image to what reminds me of a spoiled child. Significantly smaller than other characters, he takes their advice and direction. However, unlike a child, is prone to throwing fits and making demands. Not to mention the fact that he just looks funny! With the large ears and furrowed brow, the George W. Bush of Luckovich's cartoons never disappoints me.

So to you George W. Bush, at least thank you for the laughs. In that case, please keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment